The shock absorber is an important part of the vehicle. If the shock absorber is broken, it will not have much impact on the body support, but without the shock absorber, it will not be able to cause the spring to rebound. The most obvious feeling is the stability of the vehicle. Sex is bad.
Moreover, when passing through a speed bump or a pothole, the vehicle will obviously shake up and down. When passing through a non-paved road, it will cause a serious bounce, and when cornering, it will also cause insufficient tire grip due to the vibration of the spring up and down. , Then there will be a certain danger when we drive, so it is also necessary to check whether our shock absorber is good or bad during maintenance.
So how to judge whether the shock absorber is good or bad?
1. Press the front or back of the car firmly, and then release it immediately. If the vehicle bounces only 1-2 times, the shock absorber is working well;
2. The car runs slowly and then brakes urgently. If the car vibrates violently, it means that there is a problem with the shock absorber;
3. If the vehicle bounces 3-4 times when passing through the speed bump, it means that there is a problem with the shock absorber;
4. Observe whether there is oil leakage outside the shock absorber;
5. When driving on a road with good road conditions, if you hear abnormal noise from the shock absorber, there may be a problem.
Do shock absorbers have to be replaced in pairs?
According to the situation, if there is a situation of oil leakage or abnormal noise, and the road conditions we usually drive are not bad, the mileage of the car is not too much. In this case, only one can be replaced. root. If the road conditions are not good every day, often run some non-paved roads, the car mileage is relatively large, in this case, it is best to replace the two left and right. Because the damage of the shock absorber is closely related to our usual road conditions, if we often walk on non-paved roads, the performance of the shock absorber will be more attenuated. If only one is changed, the hardness of the two sides differs greatly, while one side is hard and the other side is soft, which will affect the stability of the vehicle.
The life of the shock absorber is generally longer. Under normal circumstances, it is no problem to use it for 5-6 years or 8-10 million kilometers. In addition, if you replace the shock absorber, you need to do four-wheel positioning.